Allison Schubert, OTR/L, MS, MFA, RYT- 500 hr
Allison is the founder of Hastings Yoga Tots. As a recent graduate from Columbia University's programs in occupational therapy, Allison includes her yoga knowledge when treating children with various needs in the NYC school system. She also has trained in yoga for special needs children with Every Kid’s Yoga which has prepared her to teach inclusion classes to kids of all ages in NYC and Westchester; (including at the Hastings and Irvington Farmer's Markets) and has taught Mommy and Me classes in Hastings on Hudson for over 5 years.
Allison is committed to providing the benefits of yoga to a variety of populations through having trained in in Restorative Yoga (Jillian Pransky), Yoga for Scoliosis (Elise Brown Miller), and Yoga for At Risk Youth and Adults (Hala Khouri). Allison has also completed Reiki I with master Reiki teacher, Jody Raso.
Allison is available for private sessions (all ages and levels) and yoga birthday parties.
Top Twelve Reasons Why Toddlers Need Yoga
(from Itsy Bitsy Yoga by Helen Garabedian)
1. To help them sleep better and longer
2. To improve digestion and ease gas pain
3. To turn fussiness in happiness
4. To promote a healthy, physically fit lifestyle
5. To strengthen the parent-child bond (if done together)
6. To increase neuromuscular development
7. To cultivate self-esteem and positive body image
8. To boost the immune system
9. To reduce stress and develop relaxation techniques
10. To reduce anxiety
11. To increase body awareness
12. To aid the natural development of movement from birth to walking